Friday, February 14, 2014

Small Bathroom Renovation

I never know how to open these articles...sometimes I feel so awkward, like I need to have something clever or amazing to say, but, in truth, I'm neither clever nor amazing. Ha! I follow directions well, and when I see something I like a lot, I try to figure out how to reproduce it or make small tweaks in order to make it work for me. This article is much the same...

In June 2012, I got the itch... the DIY itch. Mind you, I have NEVER had this itch before, so I was both excited and concerned...was something wrong with me? I'm pretty sure my husband thought I was losing my mind (he's known me for a long time)!! But, there it was... the itch... and I just HAD to do something about it! Thus, I embarked on my very first (yes, in 38 years, this was my FIRST) room redecoration project.

Our guest bathroom is just a half-bath, and quite small. More like a closet really... in fact, our walk-in closet in the master bedroom is bigger than the guest bathroom. This room was in dire need of a face lift, and June seemed as good a time as any to tackle it!


Wow, do you see that? Yikes... boring! In nearly nine years, we had done absolutely nothing with that room. One of the reasons I chose this house, though, was that pedestal sink...so that's a keeper. Everything else? Up for grabs. So... Pinterest, here I come! I searched for small bathroom decor until I found enough inspiration that I could actually envision it in our own bathroom (see, I'm really not very creative...). :)


Things were improving in great measures! What's funny, is that when I finally told my husband I was going to Lowe's that very day, with the intent to just buy paint, he said... "well, while you're at it, do you want to replace the mirror and fixtures, too?" HECK YES!!!




The paint, toilet paper stand, and towel (robe) hook were purchased at Lowe's. The mirror and large black-and-white canvas print on the back wall behind the door were purchased at Gordman's, and the space-saver cabinet over the toilet was purchased from JC Penney. I did the two small canvas prints and the vases and flower arrangements on top of the cabinet (crafty articles for another day).

We are SO pleased with the "new" bathroom! And that DIY itch? WORSE! But, that's a good thing, right?  The more we do to make our home our own, the more we love it.

Till next time, friends... Keep on DIY'ing!

No comments:

Post a Comment