Saturday, June 7, 2014

Small Bathroom Renovation #2


Greetings, fellow friends, family, and DIY'ers!  I've received a lot of complimentary emails on the first bathroom renovation I did almost a year ago now, and was inspired to try it again.

My husband and I have two daughters who share a relatively small bathroom (the teen years are going to be scary!), and it was in great need of an overhaul.  I don't have any "before" pictures, likely because it has never been worthy of pictures...until now.  Ha!  So, I'll share my experience and process for re-doing this bathroom after I finally realized I should probably be photo-documenting.  :)

Plain old, boring, colorless bathroom
Yep, I've said it before... we've lived in this house for over nine (NINE!) years, and haven't done a shred of painting or decorating.  It's in my blood somewhere... some of my family members are BRILLIANT decorators, but it's been laying dormant in me for 29+ years (yes, 29+... a girl can never reveal her true age, can she?).  Well, thanks to Pinterest, I've learned how to DIY like never before, and have been more inspired than ever in my life to make my family's home something wonderful....room by glorious room.


All painted and put back together!

No one has ever accused me of being great at photo-documenting... It probably would have helped if I'd asked someone else to take the pictures while I was painting.  Once I got started, it was impossible to stop! Seriously, I turned on the Glee sound tracks and sang and sang and sang until the bead board was hung, and everything was painted. 

Wood stain color is Rustoleum "Kona"

The cute towel hook piece was too heavy to hang directly into the sheet rock, and of COURSE the brackets were not spaced at the correct distance to mount in the studs... So, off to Lowe's I went, in search of the perfect board to mount into the studs, and then from which to mount the awesome towel hooks!


 Beadboard wainscoting...nice touch!

Not sure if you can see the vanity... but it's that standard "yellow" oak that is so often in every room in homes... and it's awful!  So, before I could really say I was done, the vanity needed some attention.




I used the same stain on the vanity as I did for the shower hook board:  Rustoleum "Kona."  It's my absolute FAVORITE stain!



All done!  This is now my favorite room in the house...for now.  Since the vanity turned out so well, and really wasn't all that difficult, I think I might tackle either the master bathroom or (dun dun dunnnnn) the kitchen next.  

Thanks for visiting today... I hope my meager efforts can help to inspire those out there who want to DIY but aren't sure they have it in them.  Trust me, you do.  You just need a little inspiration and Pinterest.  :)

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about paint colors or accessories, how-to's, etc.

Till next time, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment